Plan your visit to Ladakh and stay extra cautious as per the latest development, all those who are planning their visit to Ladakh will have to undergo mandatory 48-hours acclimatization in Leh before they visit Ladakh.
This move comes in the wake of preventing the high-altitude sickness among tourists for which the Leh-Ladakh administration where tourists need to undergo 48-hour mandatory acclimatisation before they visit the Ladakh region.
A meeting was called by Tashi Gyalson, Chairman cum Chief Executive Councillor of Ladakh Autonomous Hill Development Council (LAHDC), which included officers and stakeholders of the tourism industry, and issues related to the tourism sector in Leh were discussed.
As the region of Leh is located around 3500m above the sea the same can cause sickness among tourists and those who are arriving by air. Recently, a number of tourists reaching Leh had to be hospitalized due to this.
The officials also discussed several issues in the meeting, which included the requirement for upgrading health facilities to deal with medical emergencies, especially at popular tourist hotspots located at higher altitudes in the district.
During the meeting, it was also discussed that all stakeholders will have to take compliance with various SOPs that will be formulated by the District Administration with regard to the management of visitors entering Leh during peak season, and monitoring their medical conditions strictly.
Source : indiatimes.com
Read more :
- India Travel News 06/20221 – Nubra valley to be upgraded by Ladakh tourism
- India Travel News 06/2021 – Seventeen Tourist spots in Kumaon to be connected by Uttarakhand Government
- India travel news 06/2022 – India-Bangladesh Mitali express to start service from June 01
- Chennai to host much awaited Dinosaur Festival from June
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- The Wildlife Monsoon Safari’s in India
- Best travel places for your Road trips from Kolkata
Very interesting points you have noted, appreciate it for putting up.