Vietjet Air will launch two direct routes connecting the central city of Da Nang with India’s New Delhi and Mumbai next month as part of its post-pandemic recovery efforts.
Truong Thi Hong Hanh, director of the city’s Department of Tourism, said at a conference last weekend this would be the first direct routes connecting Da Nang and India and the city was preparing unique tourism products to serve this market, according to the city’s portal.
She noted that the traditional tourist markets for Da Nang in Northeast Asia, like South Korea and China, have not shown positive signs of recovery in the near future.
The city’s tourism industry has switched to other major markets like India and the Middle East, she added.
In the first nine months of 2022, Vietnam welcomed 94,000 Indian visitors.
There were about 200,000 Indian visitors to Vietnam in 2019.
Since March this year, the number of international visitors to Da Nang has reached 200,000, beyond the central city’s annual target of 180,000.
Da Nang is the busiest tourist city in central Vietnam, and is used as a springboard to access three worldwide famous heritage sites – Hue Imperial Capital, My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Town.
Source: vnexpress.net .
Read more :
- Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai airports in Vietnam to see overcrowding this holiday weekend
- Ha Long, Nha Trang , Russian tourists
- Travel news 09/2022 – WorldKings recognizes 6 more culinary records from Vietnam
- List of the best Japanese-style resorts in Vietnam that offer wellness retreats
- Travel news 09/2022 – Hot-air balloons to fly over HCMC during National Day holiday
- List of the best high-end resorts offering rice terrace views in Vietnam
- The unique dishes you should to try when visit Nha Trang Vietnam
- The best things to do in Ha Giang Vietnam
- Discover Hoi An on a luxury jet tour
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam among top 10 destinations for budget-friendly tourists
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam urges passengers to test for Covid before entry to S Korea
- Downtown Saigon street poised to become pedestrian zone boosting nighttime economy
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam needs more preparations to tap Indian market: tourism officials