Tucked inside small alleyways in downtown Hanoi, three cafes evoke a sense of nostalgia, serenity and seclusion from the noisy urban life.
Without shiny billboards or eye-catching facades, it’s not easy for first timers to find Chon Café nestled inside a small alley in Hoan Kiem District. The cafe has been renovated from the first floor of a house with faded walls and old tables and chairs that evoke a nostalgic atmosphere in contrast to modern Hanoi life. Due to limited parking space, customers are encouraged to arrive by public transport.
The cafe is ideal for nature lovers and those seeking to work in peace. It serves coffee, cold brews and fruit tea with prices ranging from VND35,000-55,000. Address: 40 Nha Chung Alley, Hang Trong Ward, Hoan Kiem District.
Contrary to the old Hanoi style of Chon Cafe, Blackbird boasts amazing architecture inspired by modern European cafes. Nestled on Chan Cam Street, the cafe is close to top tourist attractions like St. Joseph Cathedral and Hoan Kiem (Sword) Lake. The cafe offers outdoor seating from which to enjoy the city bustle.
The cafe has a simple interior with wooden tables and chairs and bulb lights that create a cozy feeling. A mezzanine suits those seeking greater privacy.
The cafe is popular for its espresso, Vietnamese condensed milk coffee, teas, chocolate and sweet cakes with prices ranging from VND25,000-65,000. Address: 5 Chan Cam Street, Hoan Kiem District.
Located on the second floor of a house on Phu Doan Street, The Little Plan is designed with dried lavender bouquets, dark brown wooden shelves and simple tables and chairs that create a French-style space at the heart of Hanoi.
Guests can choose indoor seating or lounge on the balcony. The interior spreads across two floors, with the second a garret. The balcony area offers views of the busy Phu Doan Street, famed for its street food.
The menu includes tea, coffee, milk tea, fruit tea, chocolate and cakes with prices from VND28,000 to 55,000. The shop also sells combos including sweet cake and tea with prices from VND70,000 to 90,000. Address: 11 Phu Doan Street, Hoan Kiem District.
Read more :
- Travel news 08/2022 – Phu Quoc, Con Dao among Southeast Asia’s 10 most beautiful islands
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietjet starts services to Busan from 4 Vietnamese cities
- Visit uniquely designed coffee shops in Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – 6 cafés offering breathtaking views of Ha Long Bay
- Best things to do in Ninh Thuan Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – Teenage pilot on solo world flight record attempt lands in Da Nang
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
- Travel news 07/2022 – Da Lat to welcome first international flight after over two years
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
- Review the best Da Nang hotels offer aerial views from the poolside