This June 21, the Indian Railways Catering and Tourist Corporation (IRCTC) will run its first Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train.
This will run on the Ramayana Circuit as part of the Swadesh Darshan scheme. The circuit will cover all the prominent places associated with Lord Rama. The train will also have a stopover at the famous Ram Janaki temple in Janakpur, Nepal.
The Bharat Darshan tourist train is an 18-days journey covering various parts of India and Janakpur, Nepal by train and some parts of the road where the tourist train starts from Delhi and the first stop at Ayodhya. The first attraction will be the Shri Ram Janmabhumi temple, followed by the Hanuman temple and Bharat Mandir at Nandigram.
The train will next stop at Buxar, Bihar, for a visit to the hermitage of Maharishi Vishwamitra and the Ramrekha Ghat. Moving along, the next stop is Sitamarhi, the birthplace of Sita. From here, the group will be taken to Janakpur, Nepal, to visit the Ram Janaki Temple.
Post this, the train will move back to Varanasi where tourists can explore the temples. The road trip of the journey includes ‘Sita Samahit Sthal’, Prayag, Shringverpur and Chitrakoot.
The next destination will be Nasik for the Trayambakeshwar Temple and Panchvati. The ancient city of Krishkindha in Hampi comes next on the itinerary. Here, the temple of Hanuman atop the Anjaneyadri Hills will be the main attraction. The train will next move to Rameshwaram where tourists will visit the famous Ramanathaswamy Temple and Dhanushkodi.
Next comes Kanchipuram for the Shiv Kanchi, Vishnu Kanchi and Kamakhshi temples; and finally the last destination – Bhadrachalam in Telangana, also known as ‘Ayodhya of the South.
Covering roughly a distance of around 8000 km, the Ramayana tour will finally return to Delhi.
Source : macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Do I need a visa to visit Ghana?
- Travel news 05/2021 IGI Airport, Delhi has been ranked the world’s second busiest airport
- Do I need a visa to travel to Guatemala in 2022 ?
- Getting around Nice is a breeze, whether you take the tram or walk the promenade
- Top 10 best things to do in Morzine France in 2022
- Travel news 05/2021 Panama visa requirements for tourists and digital nomads
- Travel news 05/2022 India Government to review easing of travel restrictions amid the rise of Omicron