As per the recent developments, the India-Bangladesh transnational expressway to start service from June 01 where it will have connectivity between West Bengal’s New Jalpaiguri to Dhaka cantonment in Bangladesh.
Mitali express– the third India-Bangladesh passenger train service to start its service on June 01.
The new train service will be virtually flagged off by Railway Ministers of India and Bangladesh from Rail Bhawan in New Delhi. Chief Public Relations Officer of Northeast Frontier Railway, Sabyasachi De informed that the Mitali express is a bi-weekly train running on Sunday and Wednesday.
The train departs from New Jalpaiguri will be at 11:45 hours (IST) and the train will arrive at Haldibari, India, at 12.55 hours (IST), it departs from Haldibari at 13.05 hours (IST). The train will arrive at Chilahati (Bangladesh) at 13.55 hours (BST) and depart from Chilahati at 14.25 hours (BST) to reach Dhaka Cantonment at 22:30 hours (BST), added De.
The officer further informed that the train will not have any commercial stoppages, he further stated that the Jalpaiguri – Dhaka Cantonment leg of this train will have four First Class AC (Seating only), four AC Chair cars, and two luggage-cum-generator vans.
The return leg of the journey will also be bi-weekly where it will run on Monday and Thursday.
The train will leave Dhaka Cantonment at 21:50 hours (BST). While the train will arrive at Chilahati (Bangladesh) at 05.45 hours (BST), it will depart from Chilahati at 06.15 hours (BST). Further, the train will arrive at Haldibari (India) at 06.00 hours (IST) and depart from Haldibari at 06.05 hours (IST) to reach New Jalpaiguri at 07:15 hours (IST), he stated.
He also added that the train tickets for this journey will be available at the overseas Passenger Reservation System counters at New Jalpaiguri Station and Kolkata Railway Station. De added that the new train services will enhance the bilateral trade relation and socio-economic activities of India and Bangladesh.
Source: macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Travel news 04/2022 India-Bangladesh tourism fest to be hosted from April 17 in Tripura
- Travel news 2022 – Agartala airport to operate international flights to Bangkok, Bangladesh
- Jammu Heritage Festival organised to promote tourism in 2022
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- India Travel News 05/2022 Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train to start from June 21.
- Travel news 05/2021 IGI Airport, Delhi has been ranked the world’s second busiest airport
- Travel news 05/2022 India Government to review easing of travel restrictions amid the rise of Omicron
- Indian Travel Review 2022 – Crowne Plaza Chennai Adyar Park