Tourists visiting the famous Ladakh famous Nubra Valley will soon have a new refurbished look as tourists will be able to experience the valley as a multi-destination tourist place.
The major focus of the upgrade is to improve the facilities in and around the area to ensure that the tourists will have a meaningful visit.
Out of the developments in the plan, one of the major development is to put fences around the Hunder Sand dunes to ensure the safety of the Bactrian Camels which form a big part of tourism in the region. These double humped camels are used in desert safari.
The officials have suggested that the well-being of the camels must be kept in mind and fitness certificates for all the animals are to be procured with measures to be taken in keeping them in good health and develop the landscape of Nubra valley.
Camel fodder is also to be grown in these designated areas so that there will be a constant supply of fodder for these animals throughout the year.
Additionally, there are plans to develop the Sumoor desert for tourism activities where very soon tourists might be able to experience desert tours and safari.
As of now, for the existing tourism activities in the area, there are going to be improvements in facilities such as online booking facilities for camel rides, Wi-Fi facilities in the area, more cafes with washrooms, more souvenir shops, and parking spaces for the visitors and more solar-powered establishments.
Nubra, to be a multi-destination, will be developed in such a planned way that there can be Silk Route heritage walks and nature walks in and around the area. Astro tourism is also included in the development plans.
Source: macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- India Travel News 06/2021 – Seventeen Tourist spots in Kumaon to be connected by Uttarakhand Government
- India travel news 06/2022 – India-Bangladesh Mitali express to start service from June 01
- Chennai to host much awaited Dinosaur Festival from June
- Jammu Heritage Festival organised to promote tourism in 2022
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- India Travel News 05/2022 Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train to start from June 21.
- Travel news 05/2021 IGI Airport, Delhi has been ranked the world’s second busiest airport
- Travel news 05/2022 India Government to review easing of travel restrictions amid the rise of Omicron
- Travel news 05/2022-Foundation of India’s Longest Highway laid down by PM Modi
- Travel news 04/2022 : Soon, a bullet train to run between Ayodhya and Delhi
- India removes all quarantine and testing for vaccinated travelers.
- Travel news 04/2022 India-Bangladesh tourism fest to be hosted from April 17 in Tripura