The monument of Love and one of the most visited monuments in India, The Taj Mahal will be open for free between the 05 to 15th of August.
Apart from the Taj, many other monuments which come under ASI are also open for free, these include Agra Fort, Fatehpur Sikri and many others.
The Archaeological Survey of India on the occasion of Azadi ka Amrit Mahotsav celebrating 75 years of Indian Independence has announced the same.
Superintending Archaeologist for Agra Circle of Archeological Survey of India, Mr Raj Kumar Patel said “Besides, a 50-feet high flag would be hoisted at Agra Fort and Fatehpur Sikri from August 15 to mark the occasion”
He further informed that all the prime monuments in Agra including Diwan-e-Khas (Fatehpur Sikri), Itimad-ud-daula and Akbar Tomb at Sikandra will be illuminated during this time.
Additionally, an extensive cleanliness drive will also be carried out at various monuments from August 8 to August 15.
Under Amrit Mahotsav, the ASI has also selected water bodies at Gurudwara Guru Ka Taal, Taj Mahal, and Agra Fort, which are amongst 150 water bodies identified across India.
Other ASI Protected monuments such as Delhi’s Humayun’s Tomb and Qutub Minar and Jaipur’s Hawa Mahal Maharashtra’s Ajanta-Ellora caves and Mamallapuram’s Shore Temples and the rest 3600 monuments and places under ASI would have entry free for 10 days.
Source: macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Travel news 07/2022 – India undertakes a massive 75-day campaign to clean up 75 beaches
- Travel news 07/2022 – A complete list of 60 countries that offer visa on arrival to Indian travellers
- Travel news 07/2022 – Rajasthan set to promote Border Tourism
- Travel news 07/2022 – Cheetahs all set to return to India this August after 70 years!
- Travel news 07/2022 – India’s first-ever underwater train to start operation soon
- Travel news 07/2022 – Taj Mahal remains the highest revenue-generating monument in India
- Travel News 07/2022 – Arunachal Pradesh’s first ever airport to start operations from August 15
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline is offering tickets from India to Vietnam at just INR 26!
- Travel News 07/2022 – Manali, India bans camping without permission, illegal tents to be removed permanently
- Travel News 07/2022 – India-Nepal bus services resume after a hiatus of 2 years
- Travel News 06/2022 – Auli in Uttarkhand to be developed into a global winter tourist destination
- India to roll out e-passports for hassle-free journeys