Lao Than is located in Lao Cai province, Vietnam. This name is not too strange for young people who love to move. But everything will be easier if you know the experiences of trekking in Lao Than from those who have gone before. Follow the article below to accumulate more useful Lao Than trekking experience.
Lao Than is an ideal spot for hunting clouds, anyone who is passionate about climbing and challenging themselves will come at least once in the life.
If you are a person who loves clouds and the sky of the Northwest mountains Vietnam, the journey to conquer Lao Than Y Ty mountain will definitely bring great experiences. Below I will share my trekking experiences to climb Lao Than mountain so that the “trekkers” will have a complete trip to discover the great mountains of Y Ty.
Where is Lao Than
Mount Lao Than is known as the roof of Y Ty, located at an altitude of 2,860m, in the territory of Phin Ho commune, Bat Xa district, Lao Cai province.
Y Ty is considered the cloud paradise of Lao Cai, when just sitting in the village you can see the sea of clouds at your feet, threading under each layer of forest leaves… And above, Lao Than is considered as roof of Y Ty’s house. With an altitude of over 2800m and open space, even on days when Y Ty is in the dark, Lao Than is still a perfect place to watch clouds. The terrain of Lao Than is relatively diverse but not too complicated, with forests, streams, and cliffs that are very suitable for a weekend trip to both exercise and have wonderful landscape experiences. help you shake off the tired moments of the past working days.
The things that make people remember the most after the trip is the feeling when sitting and resting on the protruding cliffs, watching each cloud cluster below, shadowing the colorful Muong Hum valley. In the afternoon, watch the sunset sun sink behind Nhiu Co San mountain range. In the evening, sit around the fire in the cave, share grilled chicken with a cup of spicy wine, chat with simple Hmong porters. Get a good night’s sleep amidst the vastness of heaven and earth, and then in the morning you will be overwhelmed by the breathtaking scenery of the ecstatic sea of clouds…
The total distance of this trekking is more than 16km both up and down.
- Level of difficult : 4/10 · EASY
- Lao Than: 2826m high, Y Ty – Bat Xat. Belongs to Lao Cai province
- Duration: Tour 2 days 3 nights
- Over 14km of mountain road, few forests, few streams, wide view overlooking the sea of clouds and milky way.
- Trail through forest and low grass hills
- Sleep in a shack at an altitude of 2600m.
You can book a tour firstname.lastname@example.org
It is recommended that you book at least 2-3 weeks before your departure date as you will receive regular tour updates to facilitate your schedule. Please also note that our refund/cancellation policy only refunds 50% of the deposit for bookings and cancellations 7 days in advance.
What do you need to prepare for trekking Lao Than?
Not only conquering Lao Than, but conquering any road, you also need to be well prepared to ensure a successful trip. However, once you are familiar with trekking, you must understand the prerequisite when preparing the main thing, which is a full but compact carry-on. Here are some items you need to prepare to have the most successful trip to Lao Than:
- First, you need to prepare yourself a dedicated trekking backpack. Because the specialized trekking type will be designed to help you store all your belongings in a compact way as well as assist in carrying lighter. If possible, choose a waterproof backpack, otherwise bring a backpack to avoid rain when traveling.
- To move to the top of Lao Than, you must have slept on the mountain for one night, so you need to prepare tents, insulation mats and warm and safe sleeping bags according to the number of participants.
- Trekking shoes are an indispensable item, it directly affects your feet, so it should be carefully prepared. Should buy trekking shoes with light soles, non-slip, waterproof.
- A sun hat will definitely be needed because you will have to move through many grassy hills and lowland forests, so the sun is very hot.
- Depending on the time you are trekking, there will be different weather, so you need to calculate carefully to bring the right clothes. However, no matter what season, at night, the temperature in Sapa, especially in high places like Lao Than, will drop very low, so don’t forget to bring warm clothes, gloves, hats, towels to wear to keep warm enough .
- Finally, put in your backpack some other items such as: Personal flashlight, backup charger, you can bring extra mini speakers if you want to turn on music at night camping for fun.
Discover TOUR TREKKING Lao Than in Y Ty Mountain, Lao Cai Vietnam
We gather for breakfast in Sa Pa town and then move to the trekking point at the foot of Lao Than mountain about more than 70km.
– At 13:30 we start climbing the terrain is not too complicated, so prepare hats, glasses, jackets because it is very sunny.
– After 3.5 hours of trekking, I also set foot on the shack to eat and rest. It is very cold here at night, so remember to bring warm clothes.
✅ How do I conquer Lao Than?
– This is my first time going trekking, so I should be reminded by the leader in advance in preparing and maintaining fitness.
– The groups that went with me had quite a few children, they were tiny, but they had a lot of energy and their innocence was very good, which made me motivated to climb more.
– Our group has a total of 9 people with 1 leader and 3 porters, almost everyone is enthusiastic and takes good care of the group.
– Bring enough clothes, don’t bring one extra set a day. You should prepare a waterproof windbreaker to wear when going trekking.
– Should wear climbing shoes, specialized shoes. Bring spare flashlights, backup chargers to store batteries still shooting.
– Bring sunscreen and cotton makeup remover is enough.
– Climbing is very tiring, eat not much, bring a lot of water, sweets such as chocolate bars, …
– Essential items such as raincoats, gloves, drinking water, etc. will be provided by almost the tour side, but it is better if you can prepare in advance.
Photo by : Ngọc Linh . You can follow her at here !
Read more :
- British tourist spends three months in search of the best bread in Vietnam
- Discover the beauty of crystal stalactites and jade lakes hidden in Phong Nha-Ke Bang cave
- The beautiful, award-winning photos that reflect nature and life in Vietnam
- Travel news – Vietnam Airlines to resume China services
- List of best resorts you should try when visitting Vietnam
- The best view of clouds on the top of the mountain in Da Lat
- Travel news – Thai Vietjet resumes Bangkok-Da Lat service after 3 years
- The best cafés in Hanoi’s Old Quarter you should try when visiting Hanoi
- Best things to do in Cam Ranh Vietnam
- Discover the annual floating season in Mekong Delta Province Vietnam
- The best bread variations you should try when visiting Saigon Vietnam
- Travel news – Downtown Saigon street to set the table for ASEAN food fest