The Grand Tetons National Park is one of the country’s most scenic parks. There are so many activities to do within the park that everyone in your family will enjoy – from the littlest baby to your eldest grandmother!
One of the most popular activities for any GTNP visitor is hiking. The park is famous for its beautiful lakeside trails and mountain views! However, if you’re not an avid hiker, don’t worry! There are trails of varying lengths, elevations, accessibility, and level, so anyone can enjoy them!
Here are a few of my favorite hikes in the park for kids-teens:
- Lake Creek Woodland Trail Loop – An easy 3-mile loop to Phelps Lake with a view of Death Canyon. The Trail is primarily wide and even.
- Murie Ranch Hike – A 1-mile round trip hike to Murie Ranch. The trail is flat and narrow. When you arrive at Murie Ranch, you and your kids can explore the ranch before hiking back to the visitor center!
Hikes for teens
- Paintbrush Canyon – This is a strenuous, 19-mile loop hike with a 4350 ft elevation gain. It’s tough, but you’re rewarded with the most spectacular views in the park of over 7 mountains – so worth it. Be SURE to stop by the Jenny Lake Ranger station to inquire about trail conditions before attempting this hike, and bring plenty of water and food/ snacks for the day.
- Surprise Lake and Amphitheater Lake – This 10.1-mile out-and-back trail is considered challenging. The route is a popular area for birding and fishing as well. The best times to attempt this hike are the months of May – September.
Be sure to save this list for reference when the snow melts! If you need an option that is wheelchair or stroller accessible, check out the Jackson Lake Dam Overlook! It’s not technically a hike, but the dam and its parking are accessible and offer great views of Jackson Lake, the Tetons Mountains, and the Snake River.
Which one of these hikes would you try?
Photo by : Jenna Boshart
You might also like :
- Everything you need to know to discover the beauty of Lake Tahoe in California
- Top 10 safest hiking trails in the US
- Explore Monument Valley – the legendary valley in the US
- Top 5 hiking trails of Dead Horse State Park Utah USA
- Exciting experiences should not be missed at Glacier National Park Montana
- Hiking experience at Walter’s Wiggles Trail In Zion National Park, Utah for beginners
- Top 10 US Hikes that are Actually Easy for the beginner