A leading global travel data operator, Official Airline Guide (OAG) has recently announced that Delhi’s Indira Gandhi International Airport has emerged as the world’s second busiest airport in March 2022.
This has been announced in terms of the frequency of domestic and international flights and total seat capacity.
Civil aviation in India has been gradually showing signs of recovery which was subdued amid the coronavirus pandemic.
As per the reports, the airport handled around 31.65 million domestic passengers and 5.49 million international traffic in CY 2021. This has also emerged as the top airport among all other Indian airports in terms of handling both domestic and international passengers.
Delhi International Airport has a seating capacity of 3,611,181 seats, a slight seating capacity more than Dubai International airport which has 3,554,527 seats.
As per the OAG report, Hartsfield–Jackson Atlanta International Airport is the busiest airport and the second comes Delhi’s IGI Airport. Dubai which was previously in second place has been knocked off by IGI Airport.
The OAG report further added that in March this year, the airport handled 3.61 million seats, which showed a significant jump from 23rd place in March 2019 before the pandemic hit worldwide.
The airport in its website also claimed that the airport registered 67, 301,016 passengers in 2019, while in 2020, it handled 28,500,545 passengers this is due to lockdown and restrictions amid the pandemic.
Source : Macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Do I need a visa to travel to Guatemala in 2022 ?
- Getting around Nice is a breeze, whether you take the tram or walk the promenade
- Top 10 best things to do in Morzine France in 2022
- Travel news 05/2021 Panama visa requirements for tourists and digital nomads
- Travel news 05/2022 India Government to review easing of travel restrictions amid the rise of Omicron
- Travel news 05/2022-Foundation of India’s Longest Highway laid down by PM Modi
- The best places to visit in Italy in 2022