In a recent development, Uttarakhand’s Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri and Yamunotri collectively known as Char Dham Yatra pilgrims have been announced with 1 Lakh INR accidental insurance coverage and the same would be provided to the pilgrims in case of an accident.
The move has been announced by United India Insurance Company Ltd. on behalf of Manav Utthan Seva Samiti, which is an institution started by Uttarakhand Tourism and Culture Minister Satpal Maharaj and the same has been taken as a welcome gesture for the benefit of the pilgrims.
Recently, health checkups have been made mandatory to visit Char Dham as over a hundred pilgrims have died due to various health issues and heart attack has been one of the major reasons for the death.
Besides accident cover, additional 169 doctors will also be deployed on the Char Dham route to boost preparedness for any medical emergency. According to the Badrinath-Kedarnath Temple Committee, more than 19 lakhs devotees undertook the yatra this year. Among this, a total of 19,04,253 pilgrims were able to reach the Uttarakhand Char Dham.
Looking at the high number of pilgrims, the government of Uttarakhand had to increase the number of pilgrims by 1000 each to all four temples. So now, around 16000 devotees can visit Badrinath and 13000 can visit Kedarnath daily, while 8000 and 5000 people can visit Gangotri and Yamunotri in one day.
The yatra for Gangotri and Yamunotri started after the temples opened their doors in a religious ceremony on May 3; the doors of Kedarnath and Badrinath were opened on May 6 and May 8 respectively.
Read more :
- Travel News 06/2021 – Health check-ups necessary for Char Dham Yatra according to recent rules
- Travel News 06/2022 – Schengen visa approval to be expected longer than normal waiting time
- Travel News 06/2021 – Masks mandatory in flights and airports in India
- Travel News 06/2021 – Tourists will soon be able to take direct helicopter service to Amarnath
- 48-hour acclimatising mandatory for travellers visiting Ladakh
- India Travel News 06/20221 – Nubra valley to be upgraded by Ladakh tourism
- India Travel News 06/2021 – Seventeen Tourist spots in Kumaon to be connected by Uttarakhand Government
- India travel news 06/2022 – India-Bangladesh Mitali express to start service from June 01
- Chennai to host much awaited Dinosaur Festival from June
- Jammu Heritage Festival organised to promote tourism in 2022
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- India Travel News 05/2022 Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train to start from June 21.