To boost the tourism to the state, the Punjab Government to develop Ranjit Sagar Lake in Pathankot as a world-class tourist destination.
The government had recently organized an investor’s summit where it extended invitations to private investors to invest in tourism and other sectors in the state.
Special forces were laid down to develop Ranjit Sagar Lake, however, many other sites have the potential to be developed as tourist spots are located in the state which was showcased at the summit.
The Darbar Hall and Gol Kothi in Kapurthala, Sangrur Kothi in Sangrur, Amritsar and Mohali convention centres and Shahpur Kandi Fort were among the sites proposed for development.
Ranjit Sagar Lake, surrounded by lush greenery and hills and spanning 74.76 acres, has great tourism potential as it is located on the way to Dalhousie and is close to Dharamshala, Palampur, Chamba and Vaishno Devi and Katra, all famous tourist destinations.
“Ranjit Sagar Lake in Pathankot will be developed as a state-of-the-art tourist destination on public-private partnership (PPP) mode and the state government has already obtained environment clearance and stage-1 forest clearance for the project.” Said Punjab Chief Secretary Anirudh Tewari at the event
He said that the state has rich biodiversity and natural landscape and has the potential to be developed into a tourist place.
“Punjab Chief Minister recently reviewed the projects and directed to identify and initiate various tourism projects across the state. In furtherance of this initiative, the government has organised this investors’ summit,” continued chief secretary.
Principal Secretary of Tourism and Cultural Affairs Tejveer Singh said the vision of the state government is to develop ecologically sensitive tourist destinations by actively supporting “responsible tourism”.
Source: macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Travel News 06/2022 – Schengen visa approval to be expected longer than normal waiting time
- Travel News 06/2021 – Masks mandatory in flights and airports in India
- Travel News 06/2021 – Tourists will soon be able to take direct helicopter service to Amarnath
- 48-hour acclimatising mandatory for travellers visiting Ladakh
- India Travel News 06/20221 – Nubra valley to be upgraded by Ladakh tourism
- India Travel News 06/2021 – Seventeen Tourist spots in Kumaon to be connected by Uttarakhand Government
- India travel news 06/2022 – India-Bangladesh Mitali express to start service from June 01
- Chennai to host much awaited Dinosaur Festival from June
- Jammu Heritage Festival organised to promote tourism in 2022
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- India Travel News 05/2022 Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train to start from June 21.
- Travel news 05/2021 IGI Airport, Delhi has been ranked the world’s second busiest airport