This is a piece of good news for tourists who are planning their visit to the United States as the government of the US finally lifted the covid-19 test requirement for overseas travellers entering the country.
This decision was one among the last remaining covid19 mandate that was enforced in the country amid covid cases and this was finally removed on Sunday, June 12th.
From now onwards, international visitors entering the US will not be subjected to the pre-departure covid test however, they still need to carry a valid proof of vaccination with them.
The CDC said that the requirement of showing full vaccination proof for non-citizens, who are non-immigrants is still there. It suggests vaccines, including boosters, for all visitors aged five and above.
Earlier, fully vaccinated tourists were required to show a negative covid19 test within 3 days of travel and non-vaccinated people were required to show within a day of travel to the US.
The US now accepts Covaxin and Covishield vaccines The CDC further states that the “primary series” completion will be when both doses of these vaccines have been taken.
“People vaccinated outside of the US who completed the primary series should receive all recommended boosters when eligible. People who received all recommended boosters with an accepted vaccine outside the United States are up to date with their Covid-19 vaccines.” Mentioned CDC on their website.
With this move, it would be helpful to increase tourism to the US.
Source : macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Travel News 06/2021 – Masks mandatory in flights and airports in India
- Travel News 06/2021 – Tourists will soon be able to take direct helicopter service to Amarnath
- Travel News 06/2022 – Masks and Medical Insurance mandatory to travel to Japan
- Travel News – Turkey lifts all restrictions related to Coronavirus
- India Travel News 06/20221 – Nubra valley to be upgraded by Ladakh tourism
- India Travel News 06/2021 – Seventeen Tourist spots in Kumaon to be connected by Uttarakhand Government
- Travel news 05/2022 Malaysia scraps covid test for all incoming travellers
- India Travel News 05/2022 Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train to start from June 21.
- Travel news 05/2021 IGI Airport, Delhi has been ranked the world’s second busiest airport
- Travel news 05/2021 Panama visa requirements for tourists and digital nomads
- Travel news 05/2022 India Government to review easing of travel restrictions amid the rise of Omicron