Auli, a famous ski town in Uttarakhand is being developed as an international winter tourism destination. This town attracts tourists from across the world and India as it has perfect skiing slopes.
Considering its popularity, the government is planning to convert this place into a winter sports destination of global standards.
Uttarakhand Chief Secretary SS Sandhu shared this good news on Friday.
He also informed us that a master plan is being developed to convert Auli into an international tourist destination and specifically a winter tourist destination and the plan is in its final stages.
However, there is a roadblock where there are some issues in the implementation of the plan and land acquisition.
To overcome the roadblock, the government is consulting the Army, the Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and the state tourism department.
The chief secretary said that they want to start the project as soon as possible.
Auli a skiing paradise is known for its natural beauty. This location is in the lap of the mighty Himalayas.
People from all over the world visit here during the peak winter season to enjoy skiing in the region.
January to March is considered the best time to visit the place to enjoy skiing while October to March is the appropriate time to explore the town.
Auli is also known as the gateway to the Nanda Devi and the Valley of Flowers National Park. Some of the popular trekking and skiing destinations include Gorson Bugyal, Tapovan, Dayara Bugyal, Munsiyari and Mundali, among others.
Source: macrotraveller blog
You might like :
- India to roll out e-passports for hassle-free journeys
- How to make a Road Trip plan – The Aesthetics of Route Planning
- Travel News 06/2022 – This Indian cruise ship is set to embark on a longest journey
- What Places to Visit in Mumbai ?
- Travel News 06/2021 – Char Dham Pilgrims to get insurance coverage of INR 1 Lakh
- Travel News 06/2021 – Health check-ups necessary for Char Dham Yatra according to recent rules
- Travel News 06/2022 – Schengen visa approval to be expected longer than normal waiting time
- Travel News 06/2021 – Masks mandatory in flights and airports in India
- Travel News 06/2021 – Tourists will soon be able to take direct helicopter service to Amarnath
- 8-hour acclimatising mandatory for travellers visiting Ladakh
- India Travel News 06/20221 – Nubra valley to be upgraded by Ladakh tourism
- India Travel News 06/2021 – Seventeen Tourist spots in Kumaon to be connected by Uttarakhand Government