The national aviation authority is seeking approval to upgrade Cam Ranh Airport in central Vietnam at a cost of VND24.3 trillion (US$1.02 billion).
The proposal submitted by the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam expects the upgrade to quadruple the airport’s capacity to 25 million passengers a year by 2030.
In 2019, the year before the onset of the Covid-19 pandemic, it received 10 million passengers, far higher than its designed capacity of 6.65 million.
After Vietnam reopened to international tourism and lifted most restrictions, the number of tourists arriving in Khanh Hoa Province, home to Cam Ranh and Nha Trang beach towns, has been on the rise.
The airport has a passenger terminal each for domestic and international flights and two runways.
In 2019 Khanh Hoa Province received over seven million tourists, half of them foreigners.
It has set itself a target of 40,000 foreign tourists this year.
Read more :
- Travel News 07/2022 – Siem Reap-Da Nang air service resumes after 2 years
- Travel News 07/2022 – AirAsia to restart flights from Kuala Lumpur to Vietnam tourist towns
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam Airlines resumes flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Jakarta
- Travel News 07/2022 – Three major Vietnamese cities among top Southeast Asian destinations
- A 2-days Sapa Vietnam road trip itinerary in 2022
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam only Southeast Asian country to fully reopen int’l tourism
- Vietnam bans swimming near Nha Trang Bay
- A 4-day for 3 cities of Vietnam road trip in 2022: Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An travel experience
- A 2-day road trip for Moc Chau Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 04-2022 Looking for a sexy female traveler in Hoi An Ancient Town
- Best things to do in Con Dao Vietnam 2022