As of July 1, 2022, passengers entering national territory (including Azores and Madeira) are no longer required to present proof of carrying out a test to screen for SARS-CoV-2 infection with a negative result or to present a COVID-EU digital certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate issued by third countries, accepted or recognized in Portugal.
Portugal has finally removed all COVID-19 entry rules making it easier for travellers. From now on, travellers won’t have to show a negative RT PCR test report or any other negative test report or proof of vaccination. On July 1, Portugal eased all its entry restrictions as mentioned in the official tourism website, Visit Portugal. With this, the nation has joined other European countries that have dropped pandemic-era entry restrictions in the last few months.
The website mentions, “As of July 1, 2022, passengers entering national territory (including Azores and Madeira) are no longer required to present proof of carrying out a test to screen for SARS-CoV-2 infection with a negative result or to present a COVID-EU digital certificate or vaccination or recovery certificate issued by third countries, accepted or recognized in Portugal.”
It further states that current measures may be reviewed in accordance with the evolution of the pandemic. The country first started welcoming travellers from the United States in June 2021. That time travellers were asked to show a negative test to enter the country.
Though the rules are being eased, face masks are still required to be worn on public transportation. In Madeira, masks are mandatory for everyone older than 6 years on public transportation, and are also recommended in enclosed regions.
In June, Italy also lifted all the entry requirements for travellers. Other nations that have removed all entry rules are the United Kingdom, Sweden, Iceland, Ireland, and Croatia.
Source : .Indiatimes
Read more :
- The best coastal hiking in Portugal you should to try
- Explore the Hiking Magical Sintra journey, Portugal in 2022
- Portugal road trip 2022 : A 2-week road trip itinerary West coast to Lisbon
- What to do in Madeira, Portugal 2022
- op things to do in Ericeira Portugal in 2022
- 5 reason why Portugal attracts tourists
- Best things to do in Portugal 2020
- 10 most interesting facts about portugal that you may not have known
- Discover 7 Most Beautiful Cities In Portugal 2020
- Best things to do in Lisbon, Portugal
- Porto journey information: what to see and do