Cambodia Angkor Air on Friday restarted its Siem Reap-Da Nang service after over two years of suspension due to the Covid-19 pandemic.
There will be three weekly flights on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays using ATR72 aircraft.
The carrier plans to increase the frequency to five flights a week from September.
Nguyen Xuan Binh, deputy director of the Da Nang Department of Tourism, said the resumption of the air service is meant to attract more Cambodian tourists as the city is seeking to diversify its tourism markets and reduce dependence on traditional markets such as China and South Korea.
Siem Reap is famous for Angkor Wat, the world’s largest religious monument built at the end of the 12th century and a tourism symbol in Cambodia, while Da Nang is a springboard to access three world-famous heritage sites – Hue, the former imperial capital, the My Son Sanctuary and Hoi An Town.
Da Nang, a major tourism hub in central Vietnam, hopes to welcome 180,000 foreign visitors this year.
Since late March, when aviation and tourism resumed, it has received 286 international flights with 35,000 passengers.
Source : vnexpress.net
Read more :
- Travel News 07/2022 – AirAsia to restart flights from Kuala Lumpur to Vietnam tourist towns
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam Airlines resumes flights from Ho Chi Minh City to Jakarta
- Travel News 07/2022 – Three major Vietnamese cities among top Southeast Asian destinations
- 2-days Sapa Vietnam road trip itinerary in 2022
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam only Southeast Asian country to fully reopen int’l tourism
- Vietnam bans swimming near Nha Trang Bay
- A 4-day for 3 cities of Vietnam road trip in 2022: Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An travel experience
- A 2-day road trip for Moc Chau Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 04-2022 Looking for a sexy female traveler in Hoi An Ancient Town
- Best things to do in Con Dao Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 03 2022 – Vietnam scraps all quarantine requirements for international travellers