Mack Rutherford, the world’s youngest licensed pilot, who is trying to break THE round-the-world solo flight record, landed in Da Nang City Tuesday.
The 16-year-old British-Belgian is trying to become the youngest person to fly solo across the globe, the British embassy in Hanoi said on its Facebook page.
A photo released by the embassy shows him standing on the Dragon Bridge, a tourism symbol of Da Nang, with a smile and two thumbs up.
On his official website, his team said he enjoyed favorable weather and “beautiful scenery” on the journey from Thailand to Vietnam.
He also enjoyed some local foods in Da Nang.
On March 23 he took off from Bulgaria to begin his journey around the world in an ultralight plane at speeds of 299 kilometers per hour.
He has so far flown to Africa, Europe and Asia, and made brief stops in India’s Kolkata and Thailand’s Chiangmai. He left Da Nang for the Philippines on Wednesday.
He will fly to North America next and return to Europe to finish his journey.
The teenager was born into a family of aviators. His father is a professional ferry pilot while his mother and sister are private pilots.
According to Guinness World Records, the current record is held by British teenager Travis Ludlow who completed a solo flight at the age of 18 last year.
Read more :
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
- Travel news 07/2022 – Da Lat to welcome first international flight after over two years
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
- Review the best Da Nang hotels offer aerial views from the poolside
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline to start 9 services from Vietnam tourism hubs to India
- Travel News 07/2022 – Travel Vietnam tourism remains focused on 5 million foreign arrivals
- 10 best Vietnamese restaurants you can’t miss selected by US magazine
- Top 10 best restaurants you should try when vitsit Vietnam 2022
- Phu Quoc among world’s 25 best islands by readers of US magazine
- Travel News 07/2022 – Central Vietnam enjoys post-Covid tourism boom