As per the recent update, Manali has banned camping with permission and the steps have been taken in the hilly regions of Kullu-Manali.
For people who want to camp in the forest, regions need to get proper permission from the forest department and administration to pitch the tents.
Apart from that, those entering forest regions will now need to pay INR 50 and the government has asked officials to check all the illegal camping sites and remove the tents permanently.
A special team has been formed to make sure the task is complete. There will also be checkpoints at various locations, especially at the entrance to popular trekking routes.
Recently a meeting was held where it was discussed that there were several complaints about the illegal and permanent campsites being set up thus the administration had asked to remove these campsites which were set up illegally.
Surender Thakur, Manali sub-divisional magistrate said, “These campsites are littering areas and also polluting water sources. Strict action will be taken to stop this activity”.
As per the reports, a team will be set up where they will create temporary check posts to check permissions and compliance with HP Adventure Activities Rules. The first check post will be established on Hamta Pass Trek to regulate trekking and camping. This is one of the most famous and busiest treks in Himachal Pradesh.
The permits for camping will be issued by the forest department and the activity will only be allowed in a range of a minimum of 25 m away from water streams.
There will be a ban on solo camping until special permission is provided.
Source: macrotraveller blog
Read more :
- Travel news 07/2022 – India undertakes a massive 75-day campaign to clean up 75 beaches
- Travel news 07/2022 – A complete list of 60 countries that offer visa on arrival to Indian travellers
- Travel news 07/2022 – Rajasthan set to promote Border Tourism
- Travel news 07/2022 – Cheetahs all set to return to India this August after 70 years!
- Travel news 07/2022 – India’s first-ever underwater train to start operation soon
- Travel news 07/2022 – Taj Mahal remains the highest revenue-generating monument in India
- Travel News 07/2022 – Arunachal Pradesh’s first ever airport to start operations from August 15
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline is offering tickets from India to Vietnam at just INR 26!
- Travel News 07/2022 – Manali, India bans camping without permission, illegal tents to be removed permanently
- Travel News 07/2022 – India-Nepal bus services resume after a hiatus of 2 years
- Travel News 06/2022 – Auli in Uttarkhand to be developed into a global winter tourist destination
- India to roll out e-passports for hassle-free journeys
Very interesting subject , thanks for putting up.