Ninh Binh Province where Hollywood movie ‘Kong: Skull Island’ was filmed in 2016 is one of the 12 “coolest filming locations” in Asia, according to U.S. magazine Travel+Leisure.
Directed by Jordan Vogt-Roberts, the US$190-million film was shot in the Trang An limestone complex, Van Long Lagoon and Tam Coc, where limestone karst mountains rise out of the waters.
Travel+Leisure said: “The Ninh Binh area is known as the inland cousin of Ha Long Bay. Scenically similar, though significantly smaller, it has far fewer visitors.”
Situated around two hours from Hanoi, Ninh Binh was home to the ancient capital of Hoa Lu during the reign of the Dinh Dynasty (968-980) and was overlooked by foreign tourists for years until “Kong: Skull Island” was filmed there, giving it a global reputation.
Other Asian filming locations worth a visit according the magazine are Cambodia’s Siem Reap, South Korea’s Busan, India’s Khempur, Thailand’s Krabi Province, Singapore, Indonesia’s Bali, the Maldives, and Japan’s Tokyo.
You might also like :
- Travel news 08/2022 – US travel company adds Da Nang, Hoi An to private luxury tour itineraries
- Discover 3 Hanoi cafes offer quiet escape from urban bustle
- Travel news 08/2022 – US magazine selects Lan Ha Bay among Southeast Asia’s most beautiful places
- Mui Ne travel guides – Best things to do in Mui Ne Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 08/2022 – Travel firms in trouble after Germany denies visa for Vietnam’s new passports
- Travel news 08/2022 – Phu Quoc, Con Dao among Southeast Asia’s 10 most beautiful islands
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietjet starts services to Busan from 4 Vietnamese cities
- Visit uniquely designed coffee shops in Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – 6 cafés offering breathtaking views of Ha Long Bay
- Best things to do in Ninh Thuan Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – Teenage pilot on solo world flight record attempt lands in Da Nang
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
Some really good information, Gladiolus I observed this. “Men in no way approach so nearly to the gods as in doing good to men.” by Marcus Tullius Cicero.
I envy your piece of work, thanks for all the informative articles.
Thank you for some other informative web site. The place else could I get that type of information written in such an ideal way? I’ve a challenge that I’m simply now working on, and I’ve been on the glance out for such info.