New York-based travel magazine Thrillist has named Lan Ha Bay in the northern city of Hai Phong among the ‘most beautiful places’ to visit in Southeast Asia.
“The bay itself is home to several hundred islands, of which Cat Ba is the largest. You can rent a boat to explore, or spend the day swimming,” the magazine says.
Located to the east of Cat Ba Islands in the coastal city of Hai Phong, around two hours from Hanoi, the 7,000-hectare bay is home to around 400 islands, all of them covered with trees and other vegetation.
There are well over 100 hotels in the vicinity.
One of the biggest highlights in Lan Ha Bay is the Cai Beo fishing village, said to be the oldest of its kind in Vietnam and considered a living museum of Vietnamese fishing culture.
The floating village, with around 300 households, consists of dozens of houses that float on green clear waters.
Other destinations in Southeast Asia that appeared on the list were Kelimutu National Park in Indonesia, Kampong Ayer in Brunei, Kuang Si Falls in Laos, Tun Sakaran Marine Park in Malaysia, Banaue Rice Terraces in the Philippines, Gardens by the Bay in Singapore, Angkor Wat in Cambodia, Bagan ancient city in Myanmar and Chiang Mai in Thailand.
You might also like :
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- Travel news 07/2022 – Da Lat to welcome first international flight after over two years
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
- Travel news 07/2022 – Teenage pilot on solo world flight record attempt lands in Da Nang
- Best things to do in Ninh Thuan Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – 6 cafés offering breathtaking views of Ha Long Bay
- Visit uniquely designed coffee shops in Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietjet starts services to Busan from 4 Vietnamese cities
- ravel news 08/2022 – Phu Quoc, Con Dao among Southeast Asia’s 10 most beautiful islands
- Travel news 08/2022 – Travel firms in trouble after Germany denies visa for Vietnam’s new passports