Australian magazine Traveller has listed Vietnam among the eight “best places to go in Asia for a holiday.”
It recommended December-March, when the weather is “pleasant,” as the ideal time to visit the long, sandy beaches of Vietnam.
It particularly recommended Quy Nhon, the beach resort town on the south-central coast.
“Long a staid domestic destination, beautiful beach-flanked Quy Nhon has acquired hipster mojo and is tipped as the next Da Nang.”
Quy Nhon used to be the former seat of the Cham Kingdom and is now an emerging tourist destination with upscale resorts.
The magazine also urged tourists to explore Ninh Binh, famous for paddleboat tours through limestone karsts and paddy rice fields.
In the Central Highlands, Da Lat, a summer retreat of the French during the colonial period, is well known for adventure sports such as trekking, mountain biking and rafting, it said.
A lesser-known destination in the northwest not to be missed is Dien Bien Phu, which used to be a major battlefield during the war, it said.
“The province is developing eco-tourism and offering indigenous village homestays amid stunning forested landscapes and Hmong culture.”
Other destinations on the list are Thailand, India, South Korea, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia and the Philippines.
Vietnam has allowed quarantine-free entry since March 15 and lifted most Covid restrictions except for Covid insurance cover.
Read more :
- Travel news 08/2022 – Coto island in Vietnam to ban single-use plastics
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam-Kazakhstan flights to resume next month
- Travel news 08/2022 – World Travel Awards to host gala in Ho Chi Minh City in September
- Travel news 08/2022 – South Koreans give Vietnam tourism post-Covid boost
- Travel news 08/2022 – Da Lat eyes new night market, pedestrians-only street to attract tourists
- Travel news 08/2022 – Canadian band The Moffatts to promote Vietnam’s charms pro bono
- Discover paddy fields in northern valley with golden hue as harvest season comes
- Sapa Vietnam travel guide – The best things to do in Sapa 2022
- Vietnam Travel News 08/2022 – Vietjet Expands further operations from India to Vietnam
- No Entry fee for visiting the Taj Mahal from August 05 to 15th.
- Vietnam travel news 08/2022 – Only 40 pct of international air routes have resumed: official
- Travel news 08/2022 – Ninh Binh among 12 coolest Asian filming locations: US travel magazine