Railway authorities urged Hanoi to shut down selfie hotspots and makeshift coffee shops along its famous train street, a favorite hangout among foreign tourists, as a safety measure.
After Hanoi Train Street reopened following a two-year closure, makeshift coffee shops started resuming business along the rail tracks while many local and foreign tourists flocked to the area to take selfies that pose safety risks, Vietnam Railways said in a proposal submitted to Hanoi authorities Tuesday.
Hanoi Train Street is formed by railway tracks running alongside Dien Bien Phu and Phung Hung streets in the heart of Hanoi’s Old Quarter, with residential buildings just a few feet away on either side.
The highly unusual sight of a train running several hundred meters on these tracks fascinates tourists from within and outside the country.
Railway authorities said gathering crowds along the 300-meter-long railway section happened after the pandemic situation was brought under control in May.
Earlier, the railway sector had also asked the Hanoi administration to deal with such violations.
In 2019, Hanoi authorities shut down makeshift coffee shops along the train street and set up barriers to prevent tourists from entering the area to avoid accidents.
Since Vietnam reopened international tourism and resumed pre-pandemic visa policies in mid-March, the train street has begun to revive with the return of foreign tourists.
Source: vnexpress.net .
Read more :
- Tan Son Nhat, Noi Bai airports in Vietnam to see overcrowding this holiday weekend
- Ha Long, Nha Trang struggle in absence of Chinese, Russian tourists
- Travel news 09/2022 – WorldKings recognizes 6 more culinary records from Vietnam
- List of the best Japanese-style resorts in Vietnam that offer wellness retreats
- Travel news 09/2022 – Hot-air balloons to fly over HCMC during National Day holiday
- List of the best high-end resorts offering rice terrace views in Vietnam
- The unique dishes you should to try when visit Nha Trang Vietnam
- The best things to do in Ha Giang Vietnam
- Discover Hoi An on a luxury jet tour
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam among top 10 destinations for budget-friendly tourists
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam urges passengers to test for Covid before entry to S Korea
- Downtown Saigon street poised to become pedestrian zone boosting nighttime economy
- Travel news 08/2022 – Vietnam needs more preparations to tap Indian market: tourism officials