Red canoes! Majestic moose! Rocky peaks! Western Canada is a natural place to start for any outdoors enthusiast. The people are friendly, the wilderness is vast, and the mountain scenery is a wonder to behold. Or you can head due south and a whole new frontier of adventure opens up in the American West with its grand canyons, granite monoliths, and towering sequoias. Can you pass out from too much fresh air? Who knows! For now, all you need to do is mentally lace up your comfiest hiking boots as we explore eight incredible ways to connect with nature.
1: Express yourself in the Canadian Rockies
Are you ready to say ‘wow’ at every turn in your path? It’s easy when you’re gazing at turquoise waters ringed by soaring snow-capped peaks in iconic hamlets like Lake Louise. Whether you’re hiking to a lakeside teahouse or hovering above in a gondola in Banff, you can ‘ooh and ah’ as you scan your surroundings for Canada’s famed furry denizens like moose, wolves, and bears.
See more : A 7-day Canadian Rockies road trip itinerary in 2022
2: Coast from camping to zodiacs and canoes
After kicking off by ferry, revel in the lush smell of old growth forests and coastal landscapes of Vancouver Island. Camp out under the stars, watch surfers brave the waves, and zip around Clayoquot Sound by zodiac boat looking for killer whales, sea lions, and seals. Back on the mainland, you’ll head deep into BC’s interior and swap to a canoe for a paddle in Wells Gray Provincial Park. It’s a waterfall-filled adventureland including Helmcken Falls that’s three times taller than Niagara.
Other related USA posts may be useful for you…
- Trek to these 9 hike-in lodges in the US for a stunning nature respite
- The best places to go foraging in the US
- The 10 best long-distance hikes in the US in 2022
- Cheap thrills in the Big Apple: New York City’s best free experiences in 2022
- The best places in Arkansas for history, culture and outdoor adventure
- How Much Will a Favored Place’s Name Change Change?
- Best tips for USA coast road trip 2022
- 16 prettiest lakes in the USA
- Adak national forest – The strangeness of America’s smallest national forests
- There Are Nonetheless Outdated Development Groves Being Discovered within the U.S.
- 10 Causes to Add Tbilisi Georgia to Your Bucket Checklist
- Best thing to do by The Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island
3: Float through the natural history of Jasper
What if you could learn about the history of a UNESCO World Heritage site all while lazily floating down a tranquil river? You can on a Natural History Wildlife Float along the historic Athabasca River used by fur traders in the 1800s. Your guides row and narrate while you take in the beauty of Jasper National Park and keep an eye out for eagles, bears, elk, mountain sheep, and wolves. Wild!
4: Walk at a glacial pace on the Columbia Icefields
Start with a breathtaking scenic drive along the Columbia Icefields Parkway, as it winds past jagged mountain peaks and glaciers feeding into bright blue lakes. At the Athabasca Glacier, an expert guide leads you and your own two feet onto one of the Rockies’ largest and most accessible active glaciers.
5: Say hello (from a safe distance) to woolly bison
Spectacular peaks and abundant wildlife await in Grand Teton National Park in Wyoming. You’ll shuttle boat across Jenny Lake, hike Cascade Canyon and head to Hidden Falls before reaching Inspiration Point. Later in Yellowstone, one of America’s largest National Parks, you’ll witness active geyser fields, grand canyons, and magnificent beasts like roaming bison.
6: Ponder Capitol Reef’s arches and petroglyphs
Discover the cliffs, canyons, and columns that make up this stunning and surreal National Park in Utah. In amongst the spires of sandstone, you’ll find etchings dating back to 1300 C.E. when native people of the Fremont Culture lived at Capitol Reef. At night, just look straight up and find yourself entranced by a designated gold-tier Dark Sky Park.
7: Slip through rainbow-coloured slot canyons
Wake to a gorgeous sunrise in Bryce Canyon and then make your way to Page, Arizona — the gateway to iconic Antelope Canyon. There, a local Navajo guide leads you through a natural sandstone cathedral created by flash flooding, wind, and rain. Admire the blue sky high above as beams of light create a dazzling spectacle of the smooth multi-coloured walls.
8: Stand next to stone and wood giants in Yosemite
Did you know there are 16 types of granite in this renowned National Park? It’s true and you can get up close and personal with massive granite monoliths like El Capitan and Half Dome. Not to be outdone by its rock cousins, the park is rife with giant Sequoias reaching for the stars. You’ll spend days amongst them chasing mighty waterfalls, spotting wildlife, and hiking famed trails.
Source : azfamily blog
Read more :
- A 5-day itinerary Iceland road trip – How to plan your travel journey to Iceland in 2022
- A 3-day itinerary for The Lake District National Park, England in 2022
- My 8-day Albanian road trip with video
- A Great Ocean Road road trip from Melbourne with video
- A 3-day road trip through Normandy Northern France in 2022
- The 7 best road trips in Colombia: family drives, historic tours, and cruising the coastal highways
- The UK & Europe road trip bucket list in 2022
- A 4-day Holland road trip itinerary: 4 cities in 4 days
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- A 5-day road trip itinerary for Abu Dhabi UAE in 2022
- Portugal road trip 2022 : A 2-week road trip itinerary West coast to Lisbon
- How to plan a road trip in Scotland in 2022
I’ve been absent for some time, but now I remember why I used to love this blog. Thanks , I will try and check back more often. How frequently you update your site?
There are some interesting deadlines on this article but I don’t know if I see all of them middle to heart. There’s some validity but I’ll take maintain opinion till I look into it further. Good article , thanks and we wish more! Added to FeedBurner as effectively