According to the sources, Vietnam has banned swimming and scuba diving at Nha Trang Bay as these activities have damaged coral reefs and this is done in order to protect them.
This stunning country is known for its cheap currency and is popular for its ancient temples and pristine islands.
The SEAsian nation has around 3200km of coastline and the waters here are amazing and clear hence, this acts as a huge tourism pull. International travellers often visit Vietnam to enjoy swimming, scuba diving and snorkelling on the beaches.
Due to global warming and increased tourist activities, there has been extensive damage to coral reefs. Scientists have warned that this could lead to some serious environmental effects. Some recent photographs of Hon Mun island also showed the real face of the corals, as the reef was bleached and badly damaged.
Officials of Nha Trang Bay management have announced that they will ban swimming and scuba diving activities in the regions around Hon Mun island.
“Evaluate the condition of the sensitive area so that an appropriate plan to enact the sea conservation area,” said a statement from the officials and this new rule will last until further notice.
According to the local media, nearly 60% of the area was covered by living coral in 2020 which has shrunk to less than 50% now. Authorities are blaming climate change, illegal fishing, construction of industrial parks and waste disposal for the present condition.
Source: macrotraveller blog
- A 4-day for 3 cities of Vietnam road trip in 2022: Hue – Da Nang – Hoi An travel experience
- A 2-day road trip for Moc Chau Vietnam 2022
- The female traveller who took sexy photos in Hoi An Vietnam apologized and removed them from Facebook
- Best things to do in Con Dao Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 03 2022 – Vietnam scraps all quarantine requirements for international travellers
- Phu Quoc Scuba Diving – The best tips for newbies
- Discover interesting things inside Dalat Clay Tunnel
- Solo travel experience in Ly Son Island Vietnam 2020
- Discover Be Island in Ly Son Vietnam 2020
- Discover the beauty of Tuyen Lam Lake in Dalat Vietnam
- Top beautiful places you must to visit in Danang Vietnam 2020
- Enjoy Vietnam beautiful places through Cao Ky Nhan’s photo album
- Vietnam travel destinations for lovers of tranquility?
- Discover the beauty of My Khe beach in Da Nang Vietnam 2020
- Best things to do in Ho Chi Minh Metropolis
- Vietnam for Solo Vacationers, Why You Ought to Attempt?
- Vietnam: High 10 Should See Locations – Cheapest places to travel in Vietnam
- High 7 best things to Do in Hoi An, Vietnam
- Best travel destinations in Ho Chi Minh city
- Vietnam Journey – Native Photographer Highlights the Better of the Nation