Vietnamese airlines have resumed flights on only 40 percent of international routes as many countries continue to have entry restrictions, an aviation official said.
Dinh Viet Thang, head of the Civil Aviation Authority of Vietnam, said at a meeting Friday that the aviation industry targets full restoration of international services by the end of this year.
Currently the frequency of flights to China and South Korea, Vietnam’s biggest tourism markets, remains limited as the two countries still have strict Covid-related entry restrictions.
Thang also pointed to the monkeypox outbreak, which WHO has declared a global health emergency, saying it could cause countries around the world to again impose entry restrictions and quarantines, the Vietnam News Agency reported.
Monkeypox is now present in 78 countries and territories, and there have been over 16,000 cases and five deaths.
It is transmitted through bodily fluids and lesions.
Countries across Asia that have recorded cases of the disease are on high alert, screening travelers coming from outbreak-hit areas.
Vietnam has yet to record a case, but the health ministry said on Friday that people with monkeypox have to quarantine at health centers or hospitals until their symptoms disappear.
Aviation officials expect the number of international passengers going through Vietnamese airports this year to reach 10 million, or around 24 percent of pre-pandemic levels.
You might also like :
- Travel news 08/2022 – Travel firms in trouble after Germany denies visa for Vietnam’s new passports
- Travel news 08/2022 – Phu Quoc, Con Dao among Southeast Asia’s 10 most beautiful islands
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietjet starts services to Busan from 4 Vietnamese cities
- Visit uniquely designed coffee shops in Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – 6 cafés offering breathtaking views of Ha Long Bay
- Best things to do in Ninh Thuan Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – Teenage pilot on solo world flight record attempt lands in Da Nang
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
- Travel news 07/2022 – Da Lat to welcome first international flight after over two years
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
I went over this site and I believe you have a lot of good information, saved to favorites (:.
I am not sure where you’re getting your information, but great topic. I needs to spend some time learning much more or understanding more. Thanks for great information I was looking for this information for my mission.