Y Ty is a small, remote village nestled in the mountains of Lao Cai Province, in the northern part of Vietnam. This idyllic village is surrounded by picturesque rice terraces, lush forests, and rolling hills, making it a perfect destination for nature lovers and those seeking a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of city life.
Getting to Y Ty
Y Ty is located approximately 70 kilometers from the city of Lao Cai, and the journey takes around three hours by car or motorbike. While the road is mostly paved, it can be quite steep and winding, so it’s important to drive with caution. Alternatively, you can also take a bus from Lao Cai City to Bat Xat District, where Y Ty is located.
Best time to visit Y Ty
Y Ty is beautiful every season :
- January – February : Peach blossom season.
- March – April: cherry-blomssom season.
- May – June: Water fall season.
- August – September: Rice season.
- September – April : Cloud hunting.
Y Ty is a small village with limited accommodation options, but there are a few guesthouses and homestays available for travelers. Most of these accommodations are basic, but comfortable and clean, with stunning views of the surrounding mountains and rice terraces. Staying in a homestay is a great way to experience the local culture and way of life, as you will be staying with a local family and getting to know them and their customs.
Things to do in Y Ty Lao Cai
Y Ty is a beautiful and peaceful place, and there are plenty of things to do and see in the area. Here are some of the top activities and attractions:
- Trekking – Y Ty is surrounded by stunning mountain landscapes, and there are plenty of opportunities for trekking and hiking. You can trek through the rice terraces, visit local villages, and explore the nearby forests.
- Photography – Y Ty is a photographer’s dream, with its stunning landscapes and traditional way of life. You can capture some amazing shots of the rice terraces, mountains, and local people.
- Visit local markets – Y Ty is home to several local markets, where you can experience the local culture and buy traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
- Visit the Dao people – Y Ty is home to the Red Dao people, an ethnic minority group with a unique culture and way of life. You can visit their villages and learn about their customs and traditions.
- Relax and unwind – Y Ty is a peaceful and tranquil place, and a great destination for those seeking relaxation and rejuvenation. You can simply sit back and enjoy the beautiful scenery, or indulge in a traditional massage or spa treatment.
All photos by Tran Thu Quynh. You can follow her at https://www.facebook.com/ttquynh000
Overall, Y Ty is a hidden gem in northern Vietnam, offering visitors a unique and authentic experience of the local way of life. Whether you’re looking for adventure, relaxation, or cultural immersion, Y Ty has something for everyone.
Thank you for the information provided
I enjoy your writing style really loving this web site.
Hmm is anyone else experiencing problems with the pictures on this blog loading? I’m trying to find out if its a problem on my end or if it’s the blog. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.