Phu Quoc pearl island is always the number one choice for cooling trips every summer. The sea is clear, the breeze is cool, the seafood is delicious and cheap. One of the things to do when coming here is scuba diving Phu Quoc. Discover a rich marine ecosystem but there are many things you need to pay attention. Let’s discover some Phu Quoc scuba diving experiences for newcomers!
1. Types of coral diving in Phu Quoc
Phu Quoc is known as the most beautiful beach in Vietnam. With a rich and dense coral ecosystem, Phu Quoc attracts a large number of domestic and international tourists to explore. Therefore, Phu Quoc scuba diving has become the hottest tourist activity here. Join Halo to catch some forms of scuba diving to see Phu Quoc coral first!
Scuba diving with snorkel is very popular in Phu Quoc and many tourists choose. What you need to do is wear a life jacket, diving goggles and a breathing gear. These diving equipment will help you breathe underwater. The company that provides coral diving services will support your equipment.
Scuba diving with scuba
This form of scuba diving in Phu Quoc to watch the coral is a bit more advanced than snorkeling. The service company will equip you with oxygen bottle. You will have to wear a special diving suit and oxygen bottle with you.
(lunch, shuttle, and snorkel included)
There are many ideas that this scuba diving tour is quite expensive compared to form 1. But everything has all the causes. This snorkeling tour is usually paired with a snorkeling tour, so after scuba diving you can take your snorkel to continue.
Walking under the sea of Phu Quoc
A unique and new form of diving in Phu Quoc in Vietnam is walking under the sea. The price is not cheap. But you should not miss this tour.
|950,000 VND / person|
2. Coral diving destinations in Phu Quoc
After consulting the form of scuba diving to explore corals, the next thing you need to do is choose the location to watch the coral. Here are some famous coral diving places in Phu Quoc!
An Thoi archipelago
Phu Quoc beach is famous for its clear blue water and can see the bottom when in shallow water. This is where many beautiful coral reefs in Phu Quoc are gathered.
Coming to An Thoi, tourists can come to: Mong Tay, May Rut or Gam Ghi island to experience coral watching. Among the coral dive islands in An Thoi mentioned above, Gam Ghi island is one of the most beautiful coral reef areas.
Snorkeling and watching corals at Ganh Dau Phu Quoc
Ganh Dau, Phu Quoc is an area not many tourists know. It has a beautiful and diverse coral reef ecosystem. There are many marine creatures here if you have the opportunity to experience diving in this sea. Parrots, crabs, shellfish or large coral reefs in Ganh Dau are focused on conservation. In particular, the scenery here is still wild, so large seabirds also frequented.
* Note: You need to go to Ganh Dau cape, in Bien Hai Quan area there are many services that provide boat rentals to this area, or to small islands such as Hon Ban, Thay Boi island. Price fluctuates around 150,000 VND / person.
Snorkeling and watching corals in Bai Thom
Bai Thom is also an area with diverse coral reefs and many beautiful fish and snails. Move to Bai Thom, near the island area there will be seafood restaurants offering diving services. Here they also have fishing services around the islands with reasonable prices.
Snorkeling and watching corals at Rach Vem
Many tour guides praised that Rach Vem is the most beautiful coral diving area in Phu Quoc. Large area, many coral reefs with fancy colors and many types of snails, shells, … Especially, Rach Vem star beach will give you an unforgettable experience with sea stars on the white sand.
Snorkeling and watching coral at coral park
If you want to explore the coral system here, you must sign up for an underwater walking tour or scuba diving tour. That kind of dive like we has analyzed above, the price is quite expensive but you will have a great experience.
3. A few notes when diving in Phu Quoc
- Check equipment before diving, fully equipped diving clothes, masks, snorkel.
- Check the diving mask to prevent seawater from entering the eyes
- Always listen to the instructor’s rules
- Bring motion sickness medicine for a tireless experience during the trip
- People with cardiovascular disease, or hypertension, unable to withstand water pressure, should not go diving
- Do not go diving when drunk or while hungry and after eating too full (Should go diving after eating 2 hours)
- Do not dive alone or detach group to avoid dangerous situations
So, we has sent some of Phu Quoc scuba diving experience to you. Hopefully, these experiences will help newbie to have a careful preparation for the trip to Phu Quoc. Do not forget to refer to fun places in Phu Quoc from Travelyouway !
Read more :
- Discover interesting things inside Dalat Clay Tunnel
- Solo travel experience in Ly Son Island Vietnam 2020
- Top beautiful places you must to visit in Danang Vietnam 2020