Bai Dinh Pagoda is one of the largest and most famous Buddhist temples in Vietnam, located in Gia Sinh Commune, Gia Vien District, Ninh Binh Province. It is known for its impressive architecture, stunning landscapes, and rich cultural heritage.
Here are some experience of traveling to Bai Dinh pagoda in Ninh Binh Vietnam :
Arrange transportation: Bai Dinh Pagoda is located about 30 km from Ninh Binh city, so it’s best to arrange transportation beforehand. You can rent a car or take a tour from Hanoi to get there.
Purchase tickets: Tickets to Bai Dinh Pagoda can be purchased at the entrance. The price is around 50,000 VND (approximately $2.50) per person.
Explore the pagoda complex: The Bai Dinh Pagoda complex covers an area of over 500 hectares and includes several buildings, temples, and pagodas. Start with the Main Hall, which houses a bronze statue of the Buddha and is surrounded by intricate carvings and sculptures.
Visit the Five Hundred Arhat Hall: This hall is home to 500 statues of Arhats, which are respected Buddhist figures. It’s one of the largest and most impressive halls in the complex.
Explore the Bodhisattva statue: One of the highlights of Bai Dinh Pagoda is the towering statue of the Bodhisattva, which is one of the largest bronze statues in Southeast Asia. The statue stands at 10 meters tall and is a symbol of peace and prosperity.
Walk the pilgrimage path: The Bai Dinh Pagoda complex is surrounded by lush green hills, and visitors can walk the pilgrimage path to take in the stunning scenery. The path is lined with stone lanterns and pagodas, offering a peaceful and meditative experience.
Visit the temple area: The Bai Dinh Pagoda complex also includes several temples, including the Temple of the Eight Generations of Disciples, the Temple of the Four Heavenly Kings, and the Temple of Guan Yin. These temples offer a glimpse into the rich cultural heritage of Buddhism in Vietnam.
Indeed, a visit to Bai Dinh Pagoda is a must for anyone traveling to Ninh Binh. The impressive architecture, stunning landscapes, and rich cultural heritage make it an unforgettable experience. Be sure to wear appropriate clothing, as the pagoda is a religious site, and respect the local customs and traditions while visiting.
You might also like :
- Best things to do in Ly Son island Vietnam
- Experience trekking Ta Xua Vietnam peak for the first-time
- Discover Ta Dung – “Ha Long Bay” miniature in Dak Nong Vietnam
- Review Meliá Ho Tram Beach Resort for your trip at Vietnam’s Tet holiday
- 6 interesting tourist destinations in Vietnam for your New Year trip
- Admire Ba Quang’s burning grass hill as beautiful as a movie
- The famous tourist destinations in Phu Quy Island Vietnam you should visit
- Top 10 hottest tourist destinations in Vietnam: Where Have You Been?
- Discover the unique tradition market in Ha Giang Vietnam northern highlands
- Best things to do in Bao Loc Lam Dong Vietnam
- Discover the charm of Hoan Kiem Lake Hanoi Vietnam in autumn colors