As per the reports, those arriving in the country by air to four major airports, i.e., Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal will be subjected to this random testing. This move will come into effect from July 19, announced the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
It has been reported that Canada will soon restart COVID-19 mandatory random testing for travellers who qualify as fully vaccinated. As per the reports, those arriving in the country via its four major airports, Calgary, Vancouver, Toronto, and Montreal, will be subjected to random testing for COVID-19. This move will come into effect from July 19, announced the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC).
As per the PHAC, tests for all air travellers, who qualify as partially or fully vaccinated or those who are unvaccinated, will be completed outside of airports, either via an in-person appointment at select testing provider pharmacies and locations, or via a virtual appointment for a self-swab test.
The PHAC further added that travellers who do not qualify as fully vaccinated, unless exempt, will continue with their test on day 1 and day 8 of their mandatory 14-day quarantine. Additionally, if their arrival test result is positive, they will have to undergo a 10-day isolation.
With regard to moving the testing requirement outside the airports, the PHAC added that this will support testing for travellers arriving by air, while still being able to quickly respond or monitor new variants of concern, or changes to the epidemiological situation. The agency also informed that the mandatory random testing still remains in place at land border points of entry, with no changes.
Earlier, Canada waived off the mandatory random testing for those entering Canada by air on June 11, as a part of its broader strategy to transition testing for air travellers outside of the airports.
You might also like :
- A 7-day Canadian Rockies road trip itinerary in 2022
- Tips for traveling to Yoho National Park Canada 2022
- Best things to do in Nova Scotia – Useful Journey Information
- 9 Valentine’s Day Getaways in Ontario, Canada
- 4 Humorous Metropolis Names in Canada – Plus 6 Unusual and Odd Cities
- The place to Keep in Banff – 12 Accommodations in Banff That We Love
- BikePacking Wesley Ridge, Vancouver Island B.C.
- 81 Attention-grabbing Details About Canada
- The Smallest Desert within the World, Carcross in Canada
- Lovely Tundra Animals – The Canadian animal Arctic Life