The thought of grabbing a bag to explore parts of Europe for the summer sparks joy in just about every traveller’s heart. Even more so if your trip fuels some of your greatest passions like wine, trekking or photography. Whether you want to hike Alpine meadows, taste seasonal Italian dishes or get your resting heart rate to a happy place, we’ve got European tours to match your interests.
Relax your mind and body
Sail away, sail away, sail away! Sure, it’s an Enya song but it’s also a state of mind. Leave your worries behind as you enjoy yacht life on the deeply calming blue waters of coastal Croatia or the Greek Islands. Want to go even deeper? Consider a wellness tour set in the otherworldly landscapes of Iceland. Start your summer of serenity with black sand beach meditations, geothermal lake-side yoga and long hot soaks in the Blue Lagoon.
Feast on seasonal eats
Unwinding at a charming agriturismo, learning how to cook Cretan cuisine, and hiking to the birthplace of Nutella all sound like palate-pleasing ways to spend a summer. Whether you’re a foodie or just really like to eat, you can get your fill of local flavours in the pastoral villages and vineyards of Tuscany, Crete, and Piedmont. And don’t forget to try the truffles!
Capture lasting summer memories
A good photographer can find beauty in the everyday but it’s way more fun to explore epic landscapes with your camera at the ready. Did you know the word ‘picturesque’ was invented to describe Lake Bled and the Julian Alps in Slovenia? That’s not true but it should be. If islands and volcanoes are more your jam, try training your lens on the spectacular eruptions of Mount Stromboli by boat in Northern Sicily. Or, lace up your hiking boots and take a photo trek featuring the raging waterfalls, glaciers and black-sand beaches of Iceland.
Walk and hike and trek… oh my!
We could explain the difference between walks, hikes and treks but you probably know if you like travelling long distances by foot. Spend eight days in Northern Spain walking a scenic pilgrimage route through rustic villages and refuel with tasty local dishes. Day hike from a central hub to see the best parts of Eastern Iceland including puffin colonies and smoking lava fields. Or, kick it up several notches by trekking one of the world’s premiere Alpine routes through France and Italy. We bet they even have cheese there too.
Source: gadventures blog
You might also like :
- The Finest things to do in Bavaria
- Episode 1: How I’m travelling 52 nations in 52 weeks
- Because the Local weather Modifications, the Very Alpine Zone Itself is Rising
- 31 Most Lovely Cities in Europe to See in 2020
- You Can’t Miss the Finest Christmas Markets in Europe 2019
- Best way to save money on flights once Covid-19 Pandemic is Over
- A 4-day Holland road trip itinerary: 4 cities in 4 days
- 16 best things to do in Denmark in 2022
- Top 10 best places to visit in Europe in 2020 to travel alone
- The best travel destinations for LGBTQ+ travellers in 2022
- How hiking the Inca Trail with my mom revamped our entire relationship
- Anne Frank Home, Amsterdam: A Transferring Tribute to an Extraordinary Woman