Directorate of Tourism, Jammu organised the Jammu Heritage festival on May 05th in collaboration with the District Administration, Udhampur and Archaeological Survey of India as part of the ‘Azad Ki Amrit Mahotsav’ celebration.
This was the second program in the series of Heritage Festivals as the first was conducted at Bhimgarh Fort, Reasi.
Vivekanand Rai, Director of Tourism, Jammu explained that the sole purpose of organising these events is to promote Heritage tourism in Jammu and Ramnagar is not only popular for its fort but also its scenic beauty, pleasant weather and local cuisine.
As part of the event, there were performances and entertaining activities like Heritage Walk, Poetry Recital, Storytelling, Sufi singing, Rock Band, Fusion Dance, Folk Dance, and Folk Singing. Performances by local celebrities like Juhi Singh, Amit Kundal, and Rabjot Singh were enjoyed by the audiences.
People from different walks of life participated as an audience which included tourists, students, locals, Vloggers, Media persons and officers/officials of different departments.
In the morning session, Deputy Commissioner, Udhampur, Indu Kanwal Chib along with Chairman, District Development Council, Udhampur, Lal Chand, DDCs and BDCs of Ramnagar, Assistant Superintending Archaeologist, Manoj Joshi and Assistant Archaeologist, Jai Karan flagged off the Heritage Walk and said that it is a new beginning for the Ramnagar and shall lead to encourage tourism in Ramnagar and it was a feast for eyes. The history of the historic Ramnagar fort was briefed by Shivdev Singh, President of Ramnagar Heritage Society.
Youngsters expressed their hopes and happiness in the tourism department and were happy that through this event Ramnagar shall figure on the Tourism Map of India. Locals said that this program is the first of its kind and such an event has not happened earlier in the Ramnagar.
Source : macrotraveller blog
You might like :
- Cheap thrills in the Big Apple: New York City’s best free experiences in 2022
- Colombia Travel Guide – When is the best time to visit Colombia in 2022?
- Jordan travel guide – How to get around in Jordan
- The best places in Arkansas for history, culture and outdoor adventure
- The best things to do in the Brecon Beacons National Park Wales in 2022
- India Road Trip 2022 from Mumbai – We Are Losing Our Beautiful Drives
- India Travel News 05/2022 Bharat Gaurav Tourist Train to start from June 21.
- Travel news 05/2021 IGI Airport, Delhi has been ranked the world’s second busiest airport
- Travel news 05/2022 India Government to review easing of travel restrictions amid the rise of Omicron
- Travel news 05/2022-Foundation of India’s Longest Highway laid down by PM Modi