A charter flight from South Korea is scheduled to arrive in Da Lat Saturday night, marking the first international service to the Central Highlands tourist town after over two years.
The flight operated by Korean Air carrying 141 South Korean tourists would land at Lien Khuong Airport, around 30 kilometers from downtown Da Lat, at 9:50 p.m., Lam Dong Province news portal reported, citing Lam Dong Province Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
The tourists would stay at Dalat Palace Hotel, play golf and visit some famous tourist attractions in the town during the five-day itinerary.
Provincial authorities said there would be more international flights to Da Lat from now until the year-end as it targets to receive 150,000 foreign tourists this year, around 35 percent of pre-pandemic levels.
Situated on a plateau around 1,500 meters above sea level, Da Lat enjoys year-round cool weather and is famous for its French colonial heritage.
In the first half of this year, Vietnam welcomed 602,000 foreign tourist arrivals, up 6.8 times year-on-year, according to General Statistics Office.
South Korea had the largest number of visitors to Vietnam at 108,000 in 2019.
On March 15, the government allowed quarantine-free entry and resumed its visa waiver for citizens of 24 countries, including South Korea.
It has also removed most other entry restrictions like medical declaration and Covid tests.
You might also like :
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
- Review the best Da Nang hotels offer aerial views from the poolside
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline to start 9 services from Vietnam tourism hubs to India
- Travel News 07/2022 – Travel Vietnam tourism remains focused on 5 million foreign arrivals
- 10 best Vietnamese restaurants you can’t miss selected by US magazine
- Top 10 best restaurants you should try when vitsit Vietnam 2022
- Phu Quoc among world’s 25 best islands by readers of US magazine
- Travel News 07/2022 – Central Vietnam enjoys post-Covid tourism boom
- Top 10 best bars in Vietnam you can’t miss 2022
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam leads H1 tourist arrivals in Cambodia