Vietnam, famous for its rice noodle soups and other rice-based dishes, has one of the world’s 10 best cuisines, according to readers of Canadian magazine The Travel.
Thailand and the Philippines are the other two Southeast Asian nations in the list.
The other seven countries are: the U.S., Germany, Italy, Greece, Mexico, Spain and India.
“Seafood is a popular food in Vietnam as the country contains so many fishing villages, but Vietnam is not all about seafood. In fact, the wide variety of food in the country will leave visitors perplexed,” the magazine says.
It recommends tourists to try pho, the country’s most famous noodle soup and the country’s national dish, with beef or chicken.
Pho is made and served across the country though it originated in Hanoi and was taken to the south, where other distinct touches were added.
A bowl of pho bo (beef) in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi costs VND30,000 to 50,000 ($1.32-2.20).
“After tasting the country’s national dish, one can proceed to try some snacks such as – spring rolls and baguettes,” the magazine says.
It notes that there are different types of rice-based dishes to try out with various meats including chicken, beef or pork.
Vietnamese cuisine has become better known in the world over the last couple of decades, with international chefs and prestigious food magazines praising several national dishes.
You might also like :
- Review the best Da Nang hotels offer aerial views from the poolside
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline to start 9 services from Vietnam tourism hubs to India
- Travel News 07/2022 – Travel Vietnam tourism remains focused on 5 million foreign arrivals
- 10 best Vietnamese restaurants you can’t miss selected by US magazine
- Top 10 best restaurants you should try when vitsit Vietnam 2022
- Phu Quoc among world’s 25 best islands by readers of US magazine
- Travel News 07/2022 – Central Vietnam enjoys post-Covid tourism boom
- Top 10 best bars in Vietnam you can’t miss 2022
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam leads H1 tourist arrivals in Cambodia
- Discover the taste of rural life in the North of Vietnam at homestays in Ninh Binh
- Discover a green journey across Vietnam through photo journal solo trip
- Top 10 best beach resorts in Vietnam selected by US readers