Readers of American travel magazine Travel + Leisure have voted Phu Quoc and Con Dao off the southern coast among the top 10 islands in Southeast Asia.
For this year’s Asia Best Awards survey, Travel + Leisure asked its readers to weigh in on travel experiences around the globe to choose the region’s best islands based on activities, sights, natural attractions, beaches, food and friendliness.
The island has gained popularity after the government allowed 30-day visa free entry in 2014.
Situated around 230 kilometers (143 miles) southeast of HCMC, Con Dao Archipelago used to be known for its large prison first established by the French and later used by the Americans during the Vietnam War.
Today, Con Dao has made its mark on the global tourism map for its white sandy beaches and crystal-clear blue waters.
Phuket was voted the most beautiful island in Southeast Asia, followed by Koh Samui Island in Thailand and Bali in Indonesia.
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietjet starts services to Busan from 4 Vietnamese cities
- Visit uniquely designed coffee shops in Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – 6 cafés offering breathtaking views of Ha Long Bay
- Best things to do in Ninh Thuan Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – Teenage pilot on solo world flight record attempt lands in Da Nang
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
- Travel news 07/2022 – Da Lat to welcome first international flight after over two years
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
- Review the best Da Nang hotels offer aerial views from the poolside
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline to start 9 services from Vietnam tourism hubs to India