Ho Chi Minh City has been chosen as the venue for a gala ceremony of the World Travel Awards for Asia and Oceania region scheduled for September.
The ceremony where the winners of different categories will be revealed will take place at Gem Center in District 1 on Sep. 7.
WTA gala ceremonies are widely regarded as the best networking opportunities in the travel industry, attended by government and industry leaders, luminaries and international print and broadcast media.
“A metropolis of boundless energy, Ho Chi Minh City draws together old and new Vietnam, representing the city’s past as well as its future. Wander through alleys and markets, explore the temples, and discover the designer malls beneath soaring skyscrapers in this fascinating fusion of different worlds,” World Travel Awards wrote on its homepage.
This year, Vietnam received a series of nominations for different categories in the Asian region. Ho Chi Minh City targets 3.5 million foreign arrivals this year as Vietnam reopened its borders after two years. In 2019 it had received over 8.6 million foreign visitors, or nearly half the total foreign arrivals in Vietnam. World Travel Awards was first launched in 1993 to acknowledge excellence in the travel and tourism industry. It has been heralded the “travel industry’s equivalent of the Oscars” by The Wall Street Journal.
Read more :
- Visit uniquely designed coffee shops in Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – 6 cafés offering breathtaking views of Ha Long Bay
- Best things to do in Ninh Thuan Vietnam 2022
- Travel news 07/2022 – Teenage pilot on solo world flight record attempt lands in Da Nang
- Travel news 07/2022 – Vietnam lags behind Southeast Asian neighbors in tourism recovery
- Travel news 07/2022 – Da Lat to welcome first international flight after over two years
- Travel news 07/2022 – Saigon tourist hotspots begin to sizzle again
- 5 resorts allow easy access to Ha Long Bay in Vietnam
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietnam cuisine gets world’s 10 best billing
- Review the best Da Nang hotels offer aerial views from the poolside
- Travel News 07/2022 – Vietjet airline to start 9 services from Vietnam tourism hubs to India
- Travel News 07/2022 – Travel Vietnam tourism remains focused on 5 million foreign arrivals